Monday, July 16, 2012

A Community Organizers Business 101 Lesson

I consider myself moderate or independent in the sense that I don't care about Obama's teleprompter use (I would need one). I don't care about how much golf he plays, or how many vacations he takes. So basically I dont really react to much to stories like that.
With that said, I am still flabbergasted and even offended at what the president has said at a fund raising event recently.
"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me -- because they want to give something back.  They know they didn’t -- look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own.  You didn’t get there on your own.  I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart.  There are a lot of smart people out there.  It must be because I worked harder than everybody else.  Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.  (Applause.)
     If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help.  There was a great teacher somewhere in your life.  Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive.  Somebody invested in roads and bridges.  If you’ve got a business -- you didn’t build that.  Somebody else made that happen.  The Internet didn’t get invented on its own.  Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.
     The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together.  There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own.  I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service.  That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires."
I want everyone to read this, then re-read it, then re-read it again. One thousand times over read it again. What I see here, is that this president ACTUALLY BELIEVES this. Before I thought, he cannot be that dumb, he is a smart guy who knows what to say to his audience. But now I can see he is sincere in his lunacy.
I am going to break down some lines with my comments.


First off, the entire first paragraph. He is right about one thing, lots of businesses did not get to where they are on their own. A lot of new businesses require investments from other business owners. You cannot just create a business anymore. There are entire businesses dedicated to helping you make a business. This is because of the over regulation and all of the red tape to go through to create something. Once again it does take other people. Typically wealthy people who are willing to take a big financial risk in you and your idea. However before you even get funding there is a ton of work you do by yourself or with family. Then you get funding....maybe.... then there is a ton more work to do BY YOURSELF with some guidance from your investors. Notice at this point the government has not done anything, the leeches have not done anything. Then after 5 years typically, 5 grueling years of 90 hour work weeks. Trying to make pay role to pay your employees, offering health packages, etc. You might start to turn a profit. What does the gov. do for you then? Demand money to pay for the people who helped you get there. You know, the welfare recipients, people on food stamps, leeches that in Obama's eyes ensured your success.

Now the second paragraph, he also believes that this public education system is where these stars are born. It is weird that so many successful entrapenures are drop outs. "College isn't the place to go for ideas." ~Helen Keller

I am not knocking education, I believe that when taken seriously it is a foundation for people to build a life off of. However not everyone can be Bill Gates, or a CEO of a corporation.

Obama is the head leader of the whiniest, self righteous, jealousy driven group of democrats ever.  YOU, did not help build a business by living off of the government doll. YOU, did not do anything, YOU, DO NOT DESERVE JACK SHIT!!! This is America, a place where YOU make your own success. The roads, bridges, etc. are there to help YOU make your own success. The one thing I know, about the successful business owners that I know. They were going to be successful no matter what. They were willing to work, and do what it takes. They didn't squat on a corner and bitch and moan about how hard it is.


Lastly, if I was going to even entertain the idea that the roads and bridges are the reason for anyone's success. Then lets give the credit where the credit is due. HOW ABOUT THE 1%, OR MORE LIKE 48% WHO ACTUALLY PAY THE TAXES THAT BUILD THE BRIDGES AND ROADS.


I am fed up with those who do not pay into the system, demanding their "right" of a monetary payment from the system.

This president has successfully divided this country with class warfare, I think his hope is that there are more leeches than Americans voting in Nov. I am scarred that he might be right.

I have been involved with a start up for almost 5 years now. The outlook is good, even in this crap economy. I have worked my ass off for 5 years. The reason I work hard, is the glimmer of hope that it will payoff in the future. If and when it does, if someone walked up to me and demanded that I owe them something for my success. I don't think I could be as nice as all the successful business owners out there. More like Kindly go #$%! yourself.











No comments:

Post a Comment