Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Liberalism, The Diet Pills Of Politics


Anyone who is connected to electronics in any way has probably seen some form of miracle weight loss solution in pill form, or powder, or something.  You know the, ‘do this once a day for 30 seconds and lose 400 pounds gimmick.’
http://danieljmitchell.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/eating-disorder-cartoon-1.jpg



These things exist because people are still buying it, plain and simple. There are people who are dumb enough to think they can have a models body without any work or change to their diet at all. They truly believe this magic pill or powder will solve all of their problems.

Anyone with a single microbe of common sense knows this could be further from the truth.
It makes me think of one of my favorite sayings, “The right thing to do, and the easy thing to do are almost never the same.”

I truly believe to some extent liberals, and far right conservatives want the same things.  Just like gym junkies and couch potatoes want the same things. They want to look good and be healthy. The difference is the mentality and approach they take to getting what they want.

I am a conservative; I would even say a libertarian leaning conservative. I want green energy, I want the homeless to have homes and food, I want kids to be educated and give back to the society they grew up in. The difference between someone like me and a “liberal” is that I know it takes more than just stealing money to get there. We cannot take a pill and have it, or even worse we cannot force someone to take the pill to get there. Then we are no longer free.

We WILL have solar panels that have a decent return on investment(ROI), when that happens people WILL buy them. A solar panel with a good ROI is a capitalist’s wet dream. It is a sheet of material that converts sunlight into money! Are you kidding me?!?!? Goldmine!!

I like to say, we will be a green nation when the technology is

 Continue Reading @ DS&P Mag

No comments:

Post a Comment