Thursday, June 20, 2013

A Taste Of The Free Market


This morning gamers everywhere got a free lesson in the beauties of a free capitalist market. Microsoft’s Xbox One has officially reversed their DRM policy and Sony PlayStation is who we have to thank.
For those of you who are not as nerdy as I am, I will explain why this is important. As a gamer and entertainment junkie, I was highly anticipating the releases of this years gaming consoles. I always eagerly await for Microsoft and Sony to do their big show describing what is in store for me.
Only Nerds Will Get THis
Unlike most gamers, I am not dedicated to one company or machine. I make the decision with a fresh look every time Sony and Microsoft battle for my buck.
This year Microsoft went first, with an impressive display, there were some major flaws. For one you had to be online all the time. Microsoft has gone mental about pirating which I agree is a problem, but their solution would ensure I could never take my console out of my house for fear of it not working at my final destination. That mixed with the lock down on used and borrowed games. I pretty much was sold on PlayStation if they did not have these restrictions.
Weeks later Sony did their conference, as expected.....
Continue Reading @ Damn Straight Politics

Logo

No comments:

Post a Comment